We all have that one person that got away. No matter how hard we try, or how much we love that person... We just can't be together. Why? Maybe fate has something else in store for us.. Maybe we weren't fit to be a pair... Some people are just better off as friends.
Who is that one person? It's the one who made such an impact on us (good or bad) and we just let them linger in our hearts no matter how hard we try to get them out. Every time you meet them, you can't help but fall a little in love all over again.. but of course that feeling won't ever be more than a nostalgic thought nor will it overpower the love you have for your significant other. They're just like a reminder of how it is to be in love for the first time.
It's not that we can't move on from them.. it's because they're different. They sort of have a place where they can't be replaced. Maybe they're the ones who understand you? Or simply someone who just listens well to your worries and tell you that it's gonna be okay. They're the ones who really take you for who you are and you're completely free to be yourself around them.
So I've got these two hair clips. Strangely when I lose one of them, the other one will just magically pop out of no where. They can't be separated. Like seriously, if one disappears, it'll just turn up one day, thus, uniting them again. They're inseparable for some reason. Whenever I lose one of them I never worry because I'm pretty sure it'll come back some how. And it does. Kind of like true love, huh? Except they're just inanimate objects.
But one day, I lost one of them. It never came back.. even until now. The other hair clip is just sitting on my desk. It sort of taught me a lesson. Even if you were inseparable... fate has its way to keep you from that one who got away.
We all have that one person who got away. I think you know who mine is.

0 comments:
Post a Comment